Monday, September 19, 2005


Everytime I visit my new house, my love for the house is growing doublefold. It's like a dream coming true. I have always wanted to have a house like this. Well, somewhat like this. I am sure, I can live here all my life, not getting bored. Nice and quiet. Most of the time, all you hear is birds chirping and then an occasional call from a mother for her kid.

These days, I try to spend few hours every weekend. And while I am there, I make sure I keep all windows open. And guess what! I get visitors too. Invariably, in the form of tiny winged creatures. Pretty are they! You can sit there and watch them skittering along the window grills for ever. I am proud. All my life, I never minded waiting to get what I wanted rather than hurrying in to a decision. My first ever camera was a Minolta SLR with every feature that a photographer would need. My first ever music system was a 5.1 surround sound home theatre equiped to fill a room of 300 sq feet with high quality sound. I hope my first wife too...



As I was standing on my balcony and looking around aimlessly, I saw two crows perched on a tree side by side. Very close to each other, I must say. They appeared tired and looking to get rid of the dirt and pests on their body. They plouged through their feathers and picking the insects. When one could not reach to their back or nape, the other would help. After some ten minutes or so, something struck me. I started noticing even more closely. Yes, I was right. While one crow was taking the service of it's mate, he/she was not returning the favour. Strange! This lucky crow would tilt its neck, lift the wings, turn around and show it's back and the other one will run the beak around the body of its mate. I know not why the other was not caring enough.

I am just wondering, which was the male and which one was female. Should you have any idea, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also wonder?? hhmm.. but i think the one that gives service/favor to the other crow is the female one.. Why?? Because, like human beings, females are more affectionate to her mate though sometimes we were taken for granted.. and maybe it goes the same with birds or any animals for that matter.. but we have a different points of view, some would agree with me and some will not. Just wait for the other comments.. jovie:)

Kamban said...

Who knows. If they were only few days in to their relationship, then it could have been the male who was really caring! :-p