Thursday, September 29, 2005

When they do that...

These two questions have been nagging me for a long time. But I never found the guts to 'seek the source' to find answers.

First, when girls wear strong perfume, what is their motive?
Is it that they want men to keep some distance from them or they want men to go closer to them? I wonder. I know there are men who are mentally and physically allergic to strong scents. In fact, I won't be surprised if there is a majority. I have always had a serious problem with this.


But then, there are some benefits too. For instance, when you are with girls who have them covered with fragrance, you can practice your breathing exercise and find your limits. I mean, you can try how long you can hold your breath. 30 secs, 60 secs, 90 secs...You can go on counting till dying without wanting to inhale. I used to do that in my Hyderabad apartment whenever I happened to travel for 7 whole floors in the lift along with a neighbour-lady and her daughter. (Both of them equally smeared with perfumes) One of those times you realize the importance of fresh air, I bet.

As an after thought, I think the reason may be as simple as that girls just like perfumes and no more than that. Fortunately and unfortunately, none of the girls whom I consider friends bother me in this aspect. I say unfortunate because, I am less likely to find an answer to this.

Second topic: When "Indian girls" (this 'Indian' pronoun is important) wear T-Shirts with something written on them what do they expect us (men) to do? To read or not?

Though I have a lot to say about this I would like to hear from you as to what you opine. I think they will be valuable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding scent, I can say that too much of anything is bad.

And T-shirt, yes very much they want you to read it like you want others to read what is written on your T-shirt.

Agreed, they are from Venus but still they are human too like martians ;-)

Kamban said...

Ah, that looks more like a girl's version.

Here is what I feel honestly. Sometimes, when you happen to glance an Indian girl anywhere below her eyes (even around her neck), so naturally she corrects her shawl, covering all the way uptill her throat. Both of you know that the glance was not intentional. But when a girl does that, it really embarasses me. I have felt that a few times.

When this is the case in India, how do you expect a guy to have the courage to try and read what is written on a girl's T-shirt? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

IMS (Indian Media Syndrome), which depicts woman to be shy, not knowing anything (Do you remember the dialogue of Aishwarya Rai in HDDCS, I would become pregnant if you touch me).

When a girl is wearing a T-shirt, she knows very well what is writen on it and where and how tight it is.

Yes, they do correct the shawl or duppata but only when they have it and they do it because all others are doing the same.
And when they wear T-shirt they dont carry shawl or duppata ;)

So make yourself easy and read it with full open eyes and mind :)

Siva said...

Scent ---girls like strong perfume while guys don't...period...(not so many periods!)

T-shirt ---they know while wearing (better still, buying) & their intention when they wear is for guys to see.so, why don't you?