Saturday, June 24, 2006

A father's feelings

Whoever said men can't express their feelings? Here is a mail I have got from a friend of mine who has just become a father.

-----------

I didn’t expect my daughter to change me as much as I have.

You get such a strong sense of responsibility. I mean even when holding her – you feel as if her life depends on you, so if I am holding her, I wont drink hot tea! There is no time left in the day. The 3 hour sleep cycles take their toll. We try to “over-feed” her at bed time so that maybe she can sleep for 4 hours and maybe it will be easier to get up, feed and calm her.

Its not going to make any sense to you right now but you probably will understand one day. I thought I knew, having seen my brother and few friends go thru the same, but I knew nothing. To give an example: I have seen kids sandwitched between their parents - probably to protet them from Wind and cold. I used to think it was stupid as the kid is anyway more heavily dressed than the parents, but I now think that is very logical and natural thing to do.

One day you will know.

1 comment:

Kavi---tha said...

Cool one Jay!.. Keep going......By the way where r u right now? India or LA?