Thursday, May 25, 2006

If nights can wait...

I like it when my days are longer. Now don't jump to conclusions that I am a workaholic. Not yet. What I meant is I like it when the sun sets after 8 or 9 in the evening. I know there are people who do not particularly like it when they go to a country in the northern hemisphere. But I love it. People who live in a trffic-affected city like Bangalore can probably guess why.

I really hate it to find it already dark when I reach home. What is an evening if you have no time to sit at the balcony with a cup of coffee and a book. No time to enjoy the sunset either. What a lousy life! There are two hours in a normal day that are meant to be enjoyed. The first hour is morning 6 AM to 7 AM and second just before dusk, 5.30 PM to 6.30 PM. I spend the first one best hour trying to wake up and the second one trying to close my work for the day. I know I have myself to blame for the morning laziness. But you see, when I reach home at 7.30 in the evening, I need at least 3 hours for myself, to cook, to eat, to read something and watch TV. So, it's not all my fault, don't you agree with me?

I would not mind if there are only 8 or 9 hours of darkness in a day - Just about enough to sleep. This will give us the flexibility to start and end our day whenever we want. You can hang around in the office a bit longer, because you can go home at 7.30 in the evening and still sit out in the balcony and read, without having to turn on the bulbs, of course. And that will be the perfect way to end your day!

No comments: